Back to School 101 | #thelazygirlguide

Hi everyone!
Since it's back to school season (sadly) I've thought it would be nice if I share with you some tips that helped me graduating from high-school! For a lot of persons those years could be really hard, but if you take it with the right spirit the time will fly and you'll suddenly miss the high-school days (like I do! Trust me! If you have the right friends and the right classmates, you will have a lot of fun, even during tests!). If you have some insecurities when talking about studying, this is the article for you! Hope you enjoy!



  1. Take your time and don't be afraid: new subjects, new arguments, school means learning, and we all know that! The most important thing is to understand that everyone is different and everyone learn things in different ways and in different time. If you don't understand something immediately, don't panic! Relax and take your time! Even if that means studying a little more than usual!
  2. Don't care about others: as I already told you, everyone is different! In a classroom everyone is different from the other mates and that is the point! Feeling the pressure of learning something immediately is one of the worst things, especially if your classmates tell you "oh! It's so easy!" (sometimes hearing this phrase is so upsetting! But trust me, you're not stupid!)
  3. Focus on the subjects you're good at:everyone's brain is different and if you're not so good in math-related-subjects (or every subject you want, it was jest an example) but you don't have to give up on them! If you know that votes on those subjects are not so good, focus, mainly, on subjects that you love and that you know you can have high votes! 
  4. Don't procrastinate: procrastination is one of my biggest pet-peeve and I have to admit that I used to do it all the time back in the days! I've learned, during the time, that I'm not the person who can afford to procrastinate the time I spend on the books! I've learned that the best solution for obtaining great results is to start studying, at least, three weeks before the test! I'm not talking about doing it for 6 hours, every day, for three weeks, don't misunderstand me! I'm talking about studying half an hour per day (or a whole hour, it depends on you and on how much you have to study!) for three weeks! This technique will allow you to fully learn and understand what the test-topic is about and the long-term memory allows you, even if you have some last-minute panic attack, to remember what you've studied!
  5. Skip some days: studying every day of the week is not a good thing! You have to understand that in some days (like Saturdays and/or Sundays) the books are more happier when closed (and so will you!XD). This allows you not to think about school and will relief your body and your mind from all the stress you've gained during the week!
  6. Teachers are there to help you: don't be scared and if you need, ask your teacher an help! They're here for solve "your problems" and to help you! Sometimes, I must say, teachers that seem so "hard" are the best! At the end of your journey, you'll understand how much they've helped you! And you will forever grateful to them!

So... Those are my tips! I know that going to school could be really hard but I also think that education is the key for succeeding in life so, be strong and make your parents (or the people you love) proud of yourself!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cakey Foundation?? No Thanks!

How to: Grocery Shopping for Weight Loss on a Budget

I Finally Gave my body What it Wanted | THE BEFORE