LifeSum Vs MyFItnessPal


 


Hi everybody!
Today I'd love to talk about some tools that helped me counting calories while I was trying to loose weight with all the pros and cons (I'm talking about the base version, not the premium)!

Now... I don't like reading reviews on the appStore, mainly because sometimes those who write don't even know what they're talking about, so I've decided to explain everything in this post!

I've used both of the apps so I think that this could be a pretty useful review if you are a "normal" person (and for normal I mean someone that doesn't know that much about nutrition!) so... Let's get into the review!

LIFESUM


It's the best, in my personal opinion, app for beginners! I find that at the beginning of a weight loss journey you shouldn't be counting macros (or, at least, not care about those alla that much!) and that's why I suggest this app! If you only want to count your calories intake and know how much water you drink during the day IT WORKS GREAT!
The interface is simple and clear, you can track your progress weight-wise, it allows you to insert the portions of vegetable and fruit you eat everyday and, as I said before, the amount of water.
Both Android an iOs base version are available for free

This is the interface of the App... As you can see you it tells you your macros intake but it doesn't divide them by undercategories

I suggest, if you always have your phone by your side, to download GoogleFit (it's not the best!) and connect it to the app, so that you get an idea of how many calories you burn on a daily basis. I find that it has some problems connecting with that but, as soon as you insert what you eat, the burned calories count updates immediately.


MYFITNESSPAL


I have to admitt that I started using it back in 2014, before gaining even more weight and before being as motivated as I had become few months later, but, at the time, I UNDERSTOOD NOTHING.
Not because it's a bad app, don't get me wrong! But because is more advanced than the other one and seeing all those numbers (carbs divided in fibers and sugars, fats with all the under-categories and all the micronutrients listed) put so much confusion in my head that I disinstalled it almost immediately!
Now, three years later, I've reinstalled it and, luckily, I'm at a point in my life where I can appreciate all the information that this app gives me! 
For example... I'm trying to switch to a low carb diet and the fact that the amounts of fiber and sugar are listed allows me to calculate the net-carbs (which are the carbs that actually counts).
Both Android an iOs base version are available for free






I hope this rundown about the two apps was helpful! I know that sometimes starting to count calories can be overwelming but apps like those can be really useful if you know how to use them!
Let me know what you think about!

Until nex time,
                                                                                                                                           XOXO, Fede

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cakey Foundation?? No Thanks!

How to: Grocery Shopping for Weight Loss on a Budget