Mistakes I made at the gym | My Weightloss Journey



If you're trying to loose some weight, working out will help you obtaining the results you want faster (even thought nutrition is the MAYOR KEY TO SUCCESS!), but you have to be careful not to exaggerate!

Here's the mistakes I made, that didn't allow me to see the results I was hoping for!


I. NOT HAVING A REST DAY

"I have to loose weight, I should work out every day, seven days a week, and that's what I'm gonna do!"  WELL... THAT WAS MY MINDSET
Our muscles need some rest and having a rest-day is the best thing to do!




II. TRAINING ALL THE MUSCLE GROUPS AT ONCE, EVERY SINGLE DAY

I used to spend almost three hours at the gym on a daily bases(which, btw, it was and it still is a room in my house basement!), doing cardio for half an hour and the rest of the time training all the muscle-groups! It's the same concept as the rest day... Your muscles need some rest! Training one/two group of muscles per day is the best thing, you give to the other body parts some rest while still gaining muscles!

This is my actual workout routine! Alternating days between muscle groups gives them the time to rest!

III. WORKING OUT TOO MUCH

I've found that an hour and a half is enough to fit in your cardio session and your strenght-training workout, as I said before, you don't have to train all the muscle groups at once so don't spend half of your day at the gym!


IV.  DOING TOO MUCH CARDIO

It all depends on your body but I feel like, when you start a weight-loss journey, you feel like doing only cardio is the way to go... And it is! But you don't have to do an hour/an hour and a half of cardio per day! Half an hour, at least for me, is enough and paired with body-toning workouts does miracles!

V. DO WHAT YOU FEEL

I used to feel so guilty when I didn't do my usual 30-minutes-cardio-session, and I'm not talking about not doing it at all, I'm talking about doing 25 minutes instead of 30! Sometimes our bodies are just tired and they need some rest! Maybe you walked a lot during the day, maybe you haven't slept well the previous night... I mean... There could be plenty of reasons!
Having a less-long cardio session is not gonna make some big changes and ruin your whole journey, take it easy!



Those were the mistakes that didn't allow me to see the results I wanted and, even thought those seemed the right things to do in that moment, I later realized that sometimes doing too much is never the best thing to do!

I hope this post was helpful! Let me know what you think about this topic!

Until next time,

XOXO, Federica

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cakey Foundation?? No Thanks!

How to: Grocery Shopping for Weight Loss on a Budget

LifeSum Vs MyFItnessPal