10 Things That Italians Will Never Understand | #letsgetreal


Hello everyone!
Are you someone who watches videos on Youtube but, since you are not American there are some things that you think you'll never understand??? Here you are the perfect post for you!

I think that most of these things could be related to all Europeans, but since I'm Italian, I've thought this title would have been more real like that!
Let me know in the comments if I missed some things! Cause I've had so much fun writing this post (and I'm actually so proud of it!)!
I'm thinking, also, to do some other posts like this! Let me know if you enjoyed it!

  1. "Pumpkin-Spiced" food: Pumpkin Spiced latte, pumpkin spice candy, pumpkin spice creamer... What is that??? We don't even know what the flavour of pumpkin spice is!



    In here we have only the classic version of Oreos!
  2. Fast Foods: oh there's a McDonald in the nearby... And also Burger King!... But... Like... You have to drive for 20 minutes to get there! Oh wait... There are others type of fast food in the world??? Let's be real... In Italy fast foods are not so popular... And I think that they will never be! CAUSE PIZZA IS LIFE! (not really... But we enjoy more eating at "local restaurants" with regional dishes instead of fast food... I don't eat pizza often...)
    If you are a "normal" Italian (who doesn't travel abroad a lot!) You will only know McDonald's and Burger King! Maybe Subway if you travel a bit more!
  3. Coupons: "buy one get one free coupon", on the newspaper, in every magazine...Why in the U.S.A. there are coupons everywhere??... And what?? We don't even know what they are (basically!)... We just look at the groceries on offer! That's it!
  4. Avocados: it seems like avocados, for most people, are life... But sometimes Italians don't even know what they are!!! 
  5. Eating fast food more than once a week: what?? I feel guilt for eating at McDonald's... Like... Six month ago! (And the day after I worked out for almost two hours!)
  6. Groceries stores open at night (or till midnight!): in here shops close at 8p.m. ( 20:00, if you are Italian!)... And if you have some crazy cravings after that hour, you keep it till the next day!
  7. Inches: how much is an inch?? Cause one meter is like... A meter! 100 centimetres! 10 decimeters! And a mile??? No... We will never understand that (mainly just because we are used to the decimal system!)!


  8. Weight: "I weight 60 kilos..." Sorry... How much do you weight in pounds?? Don't ask this question to an Italian... He will never answer...
  9. Temperature: The temperature has hit 100 degrees in California today: a hundred degrees??? No way!! Water boils at 100 degrees!! Are you kidding me??
  10. Starbucks: what is that??? WE DON'T HAVE STARBUCKS IN HERE! And it will never be! Cause Italy is the homeland of espresso and "American coffee", for us, tastes like nothing! What do you mean for "latte"... Cause for us means MILK (YES! That's the meaning in Italian!)...
11(BONUS!).  Cakes: when Americans talk about cakes doesn't understand what an Italian "means" for the word "cake"... Because for cakes we, mostly, think about "patisserie" cakes! Like Saint-Honorè or in general cakes made with custard cream, but they have nothing to do with American-Cakes! (ours are more like pies, but not really!)...
That's not what we mean for cake and even thought they are becoming more popular a lot of people think that the classic ones are tastier!

In my family this is the most rated cake! #tiramisùistheway



So... Am I proud to will never be able to understand this things?? Sometimes, I must say! There are some aspects of Italy that  I love, but others that I hate till death! But I think that this happen to most of us!
With this post I don't want to make you believe that Italians are mind-closed, btw... We just have our story and our culture, that has developed for centuries and we (or you) cannot change it!
We may not be the best people in the world, but if you treat us right, we are nice and welcoming!

I'd love if you could share this post (wherever you want!)... And maybe follow me on Bloglovin and on social media!

Oh and... By the way... Italy is not just PIZZA AND MAFIA... Try to understand!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cakey Foundation?? No Thanks!

How to: Grocery Shopping for Weight Loss on a Budget

LifeSum Vs MyFItnessPal