Diet tips & tricks | My weightloss journey

Hi everyone!
Today I wanna share some tips that helped me lose weight.
The most important thing, to me, when starting a weight-loss journey, is not to make huge changes from day to night and expect them to work!
Starting small is definitely the way to go!

 

I. Don't drink your calories

I started this weightloss journey with the "I don't want to starve" idea in my mind and the best thing to do is not to drink calories! I'm talking about energy drinks, fuit juices but most and foremost added sugar. I'm not referring about the drinks you buy at the groceries (I mean... Also those!) but about the sugar you put on the coffee/tea... It's so easy to add some empty calories into your diet!

CAREFUL! Sometimes we don't realize how much sugar we add to our coffee or other food!

II. Less processed food

Always with the "I don't want to starve" idea in mind I looked for food that have the proprieties to fill me up for a long period of time, without giving me sugar cravings and make me crave some other food. For this purpose, without even realizing it, I started eating a TON more whole food, without added sugar and that was less processed!

III. More wholesome ingredients

 What less processed food is able to do is to fill you up for a longer period of time, while giving you the energy to go through your day without cravings, without spikes of insulin in your blood and, since you are in control of what goes into your food, you are able to manage the fat/carbs percentages that go in to your body (everybody has a different body type and because of that need a different diet!)

IV. Find alternatives

Switch oats for processed cereals, quinoa for pasta, brown rice for "classic" white rice... Those are some little changes that are gonna save your life!

V. Don't restrict yourself too much!

Sometimes you just crave some sweets/junk food?? THEN GO FOR IT!! We're human beings and, especially if you are on a diet, it's ok to let it go sometimes! If you're to strict with your eating habits you may find yourself almost giving up in a matter of months which is so frustrating!
Having a diet that is to strict is not sustainable and sometimes that is the reason why most people, after loosing weight, gain it all back!

Eat Oreo thins instead of regular Oreos (for the same amount the calories intake will be different!) and find chocolate with less amount of sugar in it, it will satisfy your chocolate cravings faster thanks to its strong chocolatey-teaste!




SO... Those were the things that helped me loose weight... Those are small changes that makes the biggest difference!!!
 
I hope you enjoyed this post and you've found it helpful!

Until next time,
XOXO, Federica.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cakey Foundation?? No Thanks!

How to: Grocery Shopping for Weight Loss on a Budget

LifeSum Vs MyFItnessPal