Food Swaps for WeightLoss | MyWeightlossJourney


I've never been the person that followed a diet, I've never been into one and I will never be... WHY?
Because I find that restricting yourself, in any way, shape or form, is not the right thing to do!
Even if I try, I think I'd last for no more than a week!

I think that, instead, if you're trying to loose some weight, you should start with small changes that, slowly but surely, will change your whole lifestyle... Without you even realizing it!

I've learned also that is not about HOW MANY TIMES YOU TRAIN AND FOR HOW LONG... IT'S ABOUT THE FOOD YOU EAT!

You can train 2 to 3 hours a day... But if you eat crap... You'll feel like crap! (that's my honest opinion).


BREAD

LET'S BE HONEST... BREAD IS LIFE
The texture, the taste, the filling-power that it has... It's hard to give up on bread!
But I've found some food that help me stop the "cravings" (which are not even cravings! They're more like a satiation feeling, which is why is hard to give up on bread!).
The magic words (at least, in my case) is FIBER.
Food high in fiber helps you feel full for longer!
Peas, lentils or even quinoa and chickpeas... Everytime I eat tose type of food for dinner or lunch, I don't feel the need to eat those "empty calories" that come with bread!


PASTA

Is pasta bad for you? NO.

Could you find better alternatives? YES!
I'm not talking about calories now... I'm talking about macro and micro nutrients... Pasta, as bread, is made with extremely processed flours and that's something I always try to avoid!
There's plenty of substitutes for it that allows you to lower the calorie intake (such as chickpeas and beans) or just give your body he micronutrients that it needs (farro, quinoa, bulgur, millet, brown rice) without giving up on calories and taste!

SUGAR

I didn't realize how much sugar I was eating until I started counting calories!
That could come with highly-processed food or just easily from the added sugar in my coffee and/or sweet treats (even if homemade!).
I'm not telling you to give up on sweets, but you can definitely swap regular granulated sugar with other sweeteners that are less processed and more "natural".
Use dates when baking, try cane-sugar or stevia (I'm planning on writing a post about calorie-free sweeteners... Stay tuned!) in the coffee... The point is, as like pasta and bread, to avoid empty calories and to give your body what it needs!



I hope this post was helpful and that it may've changed the way you thoughts about healthy food and healthy eating!
I'm thinking about writing posts about my favourite recipies with those swaps and other helpful post about them! So... Stay tuned! 


XOXO, Federica


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cakey Foundation?? No Thanks!

How to: Grocery Shopping for Weight Loss on a Budget

LifeSum Vs MyFItnessPal