Why does Binge-Eating Happen?! | MyWeightLossJourney

Hello everybody!
I hope you have a great day, and if not, I hope I'll make it a little better with this post!

What I wanted to talk about is how to not binge-eat, especially if you're trying to loose some weight (or even if you find yourself indulging a little too much!), but it turned out to be a "why are you binge-eating" post... Which... That may be helpful too, I guess! LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND IT INTERESTING!

That's because I often find myself craving cookies/ice cream/chocolate after dinner and I've tried to stop this habit/cravings... But the first thing to make those stop is to actually identify the reasons that make that happen!

SO, IF YOU HAVE SOME CRAVINGS, YOU MIGHT HAVE TO ASK SOME QUESTION TO YOUR LITTLE SOUL, BEFORE STARTING EATING!
Here's what I ask myself!

IS IT JUST AN HABIT?

Sometimes having something sweet after dinner is just an habit which could be not that easy to break, but as everyone says, it takes "only" 21 days to break an habit (with, of course, great will power!).
 Let me know if you want me to make a post about how I broke my bad habits!

ARE YOU ACTUALLY HUNGRY?

This happen especially if you're on a diet... That's because you are under-eating and it's normal to be a little bit hungry!
You can do nothing about it!
If not... You could swaps some food that fill you up more than others during meals! But at the end of the day... You'll still be hungry! (being in a calories deficit is only a temporary thing... So... BE PATIENT!)

DID YOU HAVE A "COMPLETE" MEAL?

Carbs, Protein and fats should be a part of every meal... If you try to eat only protein (chicken and vegetables is the perfect example of this kind of meal!) you will crave sweets and you will binge-eat.
Why, you may ask... Well... Because the meal was lacking on the fats and carbs departement, it was basically not complete!
Even thought you may have reached your calorie-intake it's not said that you shopuld not be still hungry... It's all about variety!
Be concious of what you eat and not be afraid of calories!

ARE YOU THIRSTY?

I find myself, most of the time, craving random food and then realizing I was not hungry, but just thirsty! 

ARE YOU STRESSED OUT ABOUT SOMETHING?

Stress palys a huge role on the feeling of hunger (not for everyone and not in my case, I usually eat less when I'm stressed out!) and what you have to do is to find some ways to reduce your stress level (workout, do some yoga, watch a movie, read... WHATEVER!)

ARE YOU TIRED?

Now... This is what triggers me everytime!
When I'm tired (phisically tired) I eat everything that gets on my eye-sight... And I find myself saying to my heart "just go to sleep"! 
I'm still working on it, but I feel a little more accomplished just because I've understand one of the main reasons I find myself  binge-eating!

PMS?

This point is just useles and if you're a woman it's happened to you before... What I realize is that during pms I find myself craving any kind of carb that I usually don't care about (it goes from cookies to a simple bowl of oatmeal!)... If this is the case I just try to have the most healthy option!

AND... THE LAST AND THE WORST REASON (drum roll please!!!):

SUGAR

This is something I've realized only during the last year... But SUGAR IS ACTUALLY LIKE A DRUG!
If you, like myself, tend always to go for healthy alternatives and try to live a life without added-sugar food, as soon as you start having sugary-stuff you'll may be finding youself eating sweet stuff like ther's no tomorrow!
That happened to me a few times... If I have to be honest... But as soon as my brain said "I want more!" I realized the addictive-power that sugar has!
I could make a post on why this happen, if you want! 


Those are the question I ask myself everytime I start over-eating (which may result, at the end, on binge-eating if I don't stop myself in time!)
I hope this post was helpful to at least one of you!


Hope you're having a great day! 
Until next time!


(I'm keeping my post without photos just because I find them useless, what do you think about?! )



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cakey Foundation?? No Thanks!

How to: Grocery Shopping for Weight Loss on a Budget

LifeSum Vs MyFItnessPal