I Finally Gave my body What it Wanted | THE BEFORE

Hi!
So... Last week I arrived at a point where my body was like: "JUST...STOP."

I was bloated, I didn't want to eat (I was actually hungry, but food didn't seem appetizing!), and I was constipated (I was seriously thinking about taking laxatives, even if I'm totally against them!) and that brought me to feel so INSECURE about myself!
This sensation has been going on for a few weeks and I arrived at a point where I hated that feeling and I was ready to stop.

And all of it it's weird... Because I didn't binged eat or ate only crappy food all day long (I mean... I've eaten a couple of oreos once in a while, maybe two slices of banana bread, but I've always followed the 80-20 diet) but I felt STUFFED WITH FOOD...

I lift weights and I know how important it is to have enough protein in my diet... But every source of protein just seemed not appetizing... And so did fats (keep in mind... I thrive on a higher fat-moderate protein diet... So that was weird!).

I didn't want to chew anymore and the only thing that I wanted to eat were SOUPS OF ANY KIND.
So I decided to listen to my body... And eat soup for both lunch and dinner!

I was also concious that this was not sustainable... But since my body was craving them I thought it was fine...
What I decided to do was to give myself some rules to get the best of it (and, at this point, try to detox my body FOR REAL).
Here you are the indications I gave:

- Always make your food (wheter it could be breakfast, lunch or dinner)
- Try to eat less sugar possible (no junk food, basically!)
- Try to always have some sort of protein
- Keep my routine the same (being as active as always)
- Listen to your body (this is actually the most important thing... I didn't want to push it till I actually starved!)

And here's what I actually planned to eat (it's so complicated... I know! ðŸ˜‚)

BREAKFAST (It was actually my pre-workout snack):
 Greek yogurt with acai powder and nut butter and coffee

LUNCH AND DINNER:
 Soup with light cream cheese or coconut cream for some added fats and protein.
At lunch I ate "lighter" soups  while at dinner I ate more "filling" soups like minestrone, with some beans in it so I didn't have to go to bed starving.

SNACKS:
 A plain Protein shake or a smoothie with a banana and some berries (and protein powder) if I felt hungrier.


That's it!

What I feel I have to say as a disclaimer is that I didn't limit the portion sizes... And I didn't even counted calories... I wasn't doing this for loosing weight... I was doing it because I felt like my body was asking for it!

I also decided to take some before and after pictures just for fun... Here you are the before!

Now... I'm not skinny in any way, shape or form but I'm totally cool with how my body looks!
This are raw pictures, taken with artificial lighting and with a crappy bra on... BUT HEY... I'M NOT AN INSTAGRAM MODEL AND THAT'S TOTALLY FINE!

With this being said, in the pictures you (or at least I can see it!) can see that I'm bloated and "puffy" and this is the reason of the experiment/detox.

I decided to show you some of the soups I ate but since this post is getting too long... I'm going to write them in another post and link it here.


I will be making updates every 2 to 3 days... To let you know how I'm feeling and how my body is doing!

Let me know under here, on the comment section, if you are thinking about it and what you think about! 
I know it may not be everyone cup of tea but my body was definitely craving a detox like this!
I hope you stay tuned for updates! See you next time!

IMPORTANT: WITH THIS POST I DON'T WANT TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO STARVE THEMSELVES! i DIDN'T DECIDE TO DO THIS FOR THE SAKE OF WEIGHT-LOST, THIS IS WHAT MY BODY IS CRAVING RIGHT NOW AND AS SOON AS I START CRAVING REAL FOOD I'M GOING TO EAT IT WITH NO PROBLEMS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cakey Foundation?? No Thanks!

How to: Grocery Shopping for Weight Loss on a Budget

LifeSum Vs MyFItnessPal